- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30-40
- (2) Large Eggplants
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mozzerella Cheese
- Package of Sliced Mushrooms
- (1) 28oz. Can of Crushed tomatoes (w/basil)
- 4-5 cloves of crushed/chopped garlic
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- (1) Tbsp Herbs de Provence
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To prepare sauce:
- Saute chopped onion and (2) cloves of crushed garlic in 1-2 Tbsp of EVOO.
- Add can of crushed tomato.
- Add (3) Tbsp of EVOO and mix well.
- Bring just to boil, reduce heat to low, cover partially and simmer for 25 min. or until sauce has thickened.
- Set aside.
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
- Wash and slice eggplant to desired thickness. (I cut into rounds)
- Brush both sides with EVOO and sprinkle with remaining crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brown mushrooms in pan with EVOO, salt & pepper. For perfectly browned mushrooms; remember: don't crowd the mushrooms.
- Bake in oven turning 1-2 times until desired doneness. (I like them browned)
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees
- Spray baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Layer sauce, eggplant, cheese and mushrooms until all ingredients are used, ending with cheese.
- Bake for approximately 40 min.
- Let cool for 10 min and enjoy!
NotesThis recipe is an original that I came up with for my husband, who loves eggplant!
I make my marinera sauce from a can of crushed tomatoes and EVOO. Which I believe to be the secret ingredient. I have made this for my in laws and they absolutely loved it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More