- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 5
- 12 oz package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (save the can)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz. can walnuts, plus more for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried currants (I like currants)
- Candied red and green cherries to decorate top of fudge (like holly)
- Softened butter to grease an 8 inch round cake pan
- Grease an 8 inch round cake pan with softened butter. Pour the chocolate and butterscotch chips, condensed milk and vanilla into a medium saucepan. Put the pan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
- Cover the empty milk can with plastic wrap and put it in the center of the round cake pan.
- Stir the chips and milk together until they melt, about 3 minutes. Stir in nuts and raisins. Scoop the fudge into the cake pan all around the plastic-covered can in the center to form a wreath or ring shape. Let it be all bumpy on top. Keep pushing the can back to the center if the fudge moves it away from there. Cut the red cherries in half with scissors and the green cherries into quarters. Use the green pieces to make leaves and the red to make holly berries. Decorate the fudge with several groups of holly sprigs from the cherries and garnich with walnuts between the sprigs.
- Put the fudge in the fridge and chill until firm. Remove the can from the center, then loosen the sides and bottom of the fudge with a spatula. Cut the fudge into thin slices the serve.
- To give the wreath as a gift-wrap on a plate in cellophane and secure with a bow or ornament.
- White Chocolate Wreath with Pistachio and Cranberry:
- Substitute the choc chips for white choc chips, 1.5 oz bag plus 1 cup.
- Sub 1 to 1.5 cups of shelled natural pistachio nuts for walnuts.
- Sub 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranerries for currants.
- Goober and Raisinette Wreath
- Swap butterscoth for peanut butter chips
- Swap large whole peanuts for walnuts
- Swap 1/2 cup large raisins for currants
NotesI have made this recipe many times and it really only takes 5 minutes, it tastes great and is pretty and very festive!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More