RACHAEL RAY'S GRILLED STEAK SALAD
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 flank steak (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- One 10-ounce box frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Chopped mint leaves
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the steak with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the garlic, the mustard and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the steak and marinate for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, bell pepper and corn.
When the steak is done marinating, place it on a cutting board and pour the marinade into a small saucepan set over high heat to simmer, about 1 minute. Slice the steak into 1/4-inch-thick strips and add to the vegetables. Add the marinade, mint and salt and pepper to taste, and toss.
Divide the greens among 4 dinner plates. Drizzle with olive oil and salt, then top with the steak strips and vegetables
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min