- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package bacon, chopped
- 1 8-ounce jar maple syrup
- 1 stick butter
- 1 package (8 biscuits) home-style buttermilk biscuits, preferred brand Pillsbury
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add bacon. Cook until crisp, about 8-10 minutes and reserve.
- Place a small saucepot over medium heat and add the maple syrup and the butter -- do not bring up to a boil. Cook until butter is melted, then turn the heat off and reserve.
- Butter or spray a 3x9 loaf pan. Pour a couple tablespoons of the maple/butter sauce in the bottom. Layer 3 of the biscuits in the bottom of the pan. Tear up one of the biscuits and fill in any open spaces with the pieces. Don't worry if any still remain, the ooze will fill those in.
- Sprinkle half of the reserved bacon onto of the biscuits and top with about a 1/2 cup of the butter/syrup mixture. Place the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle the rest of the bacon over them and top with the remaining maple sauce.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove and immediately turn over onto a serving dish.
NotesPhoto by me! This dish was really delicious! I think 8 ozs. maple syrup is to much as you can see in the picture. I think I would use 4-6 ozs. next time! I also bought a 10 pack of regular sized biscuits and used them all, so I'm thinking she used the Grands sized biscuits!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More