- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400º.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oil, milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring with a fork until the dough just comes together.
- Pat the dough flat and place between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper.
- Roll out the dough to an 11-inch round.
- Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie plate, fitting it into the pan without stretching; crimp the edges of the pie shell.
- Using a fork, gently prick the bottom of the crust a few times and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, corn syrup, eggs, 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vanilla and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Cover the bottom of the piecrust evenly with the pecans and pour in the filling.
- Bake the pie, rotating it halfway through, until the crust is golden and the filling is set in the middle, about 45 minutes.
- Let the pie cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream on high speed until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and beat until incorporated, about 10 seconds more. Serve with the pie.
NotesLots of gooey pecan pie filling. Just like I like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
50 Shades of Taste
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More