- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pizza dough
- palmful of all purpose flour or cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fesh rosemary
- coarse salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- coarsely ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 3oz. can tomotato paste
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-regggiano
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 lb. fresh mozzarella or brick mozzarella, sliced or grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Drizzle a round pizza pan or rectangular baking sheet with EVOO. Dust the dough with flour or cornmeal and spread out to form crust. Poke the dough in several places with the tines of a fork. Drizzle the dough w/EVOO, then season with rosemary and a little salt. Bake for 10 min.
- Heat a large skillet over med.-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of EVOO and meat. Brown and crumble the meat for a couple of minutes then add the onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, then work in the tomato paste using the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in cheese (parm-reg), parsley and oregano.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with meat mixture. Arrange mozzeralla over the pizza. Return to oven and bake until the cheese is golden, another 10-12 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is super easy to make and is so good! I did make a few substitutions when I made it: Italian seasoning for the rosemary, sausage for the ground sirloin, and store bought pizza crust for the dough. I also ommited the onion, parsley and oregano and added crushed red pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More