- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan in a slow stream) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, red or green, chopped (use up leftover pepper strips from crudite tray if you have them)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 1 1/2 pounds light and dark meat cooked turkey meat, diced
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 (32-ounce) can chunky style crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups prepared chicken stock or broth
- 2 scallions, white and greens, chopped
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat. Work close to the stove for your chopping. Add oil to your pot, 1 turn of the pan, and add vegetables as you chop them.
- Add bay leaf and cook vegetables 5 minutes, stirring frequently, reducing heat if veggies start to stick. Stir in diced turkey meat and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne sauce. Season with a little salt, to taste. Add corn, tomatoes, and broth. Combine your chili well, adjust seasonings, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes. Garnish chili with chopped scallions.
NotesMy family loves this recipe! We top ours with sour cream and some montery jack cheese. Also yummy with chicken! It's even better if you let it simmer for an hour but of course then it wouldn't be a 30 minute meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More