- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 ounces rack of lamb -- cleaned
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic -- crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup lamb stock or beef stock
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olive juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic -- minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots -- minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Lamb: These steps can be done up to 12 hours ahead of time.
- Coat the lamb rack with the vegetable oil.
- Add crushed garlic cloves, rosemary, and black pepper.
- Let marinate for 6-24 hours, refrigerated.
- Sear the marinated lamb rack in a hot pan until outside is golden brown color and inside is rare.
- Let cool.
- Rub mustard over the meat.
- Combine bread crumbs and olive oil and press mixture onto the mustard-coated lamb.
- Pan sear the lamb the lamb, bread crumb side down.
- Once desired color is reached, flip over to bone side and place in 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until an internal temperature of 130 degrees F has been reached (this is medium).
- Slice into two bone sections and serve.
- Olive Jus: In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil.
- Add the shallots.
- Cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until aroma is noticeable. Add stock and olive juice.
- Reduce on stove top down to about 1 cup of liquid, about 5-15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and thicken with cornstarch mixture.
- Use immediately or hold warm until needed.
NotesThis make a great dish!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More