- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 ounces rack of lamb -- cleaned
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic -- crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup lamb stock or beef stock
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olive juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic -- minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots -- minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Lamb: These steps can be done up to 12 hours ahead of time.
- Coat the lamb rack with the vegetable oil.
- Add crushed garlic cloves, rosemary, and black pepper.
- Let marinate for 6-24 hours, refrigerated.
- Sear the marinated lamb rack in a hot pan until outside is golden brown color and inside is rare.
- Let cool.
- Rub mustard over the meat.
- Combine bread crumbs and olive oil and press mixture onto the mustard-coated lamb.
- Pan sear the lamb the lamb, bread crumb side down.
- Once desired color is reached, flip over to bone side and place in 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until an internal temperature of 130 degrees F has been reached (this is medium).
- Slice into two bone sections and serve.
- Olive Jus: In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil.
- Add the shallots.
- Cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until aroma is noticeable. Add stock and olive juice.
- Reduce on stove top down to about 1 cup of liquid, about 5-15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and thicken with cornstarch mixture.
- Use immediately or hold warm until needed.
NotesThis make a great dish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Austin Personal Training Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More