- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 12 oz. Linguine Pasta
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Medium Red bell Pepper, sliced
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 3 Green Onions, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 3/4 tsp. Basil
- 3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Romano Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. Flour
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag, add chicken and cajun seasoning; toss until coated.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook for 5 - 7 minutes, until almost cooked through. Add red bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions. Saute for about 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, toss 1/2 romano chees with flour until well blended. Reduce heat in skillet and add half and half, basil, garlic powder, and flour/romano cheese mixture. Heat to a very low simmer and allow sauce to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- In large pasta bowl, add cooked pasta and chicken mixture. Toss together well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with remaining romano cheese.
- MEDITERANIAN STYLE: Substitute cajun season with Italian seasoning and add sundried tomatoes.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Social Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More