- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. veal, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups ditalini pasta
- 3 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat a pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until it begins to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. of the bacon fat.
- Season the veal with salt and pepper. Add to the dutch oven and brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and saute until the garlic is fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the marsala to the dutch oven and cook until it's reduced by half. Stir in the mushrooms, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, thyme, marjoam, bay leaf, and salt and pepper. Bring to a light boil and then add the veal back in. Cover and simmer for an hour (or as long as you want).
- Stir in the ditalini and cook, uncovered, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is cooked. During the last 2 or 3 minutes of cooking, stir in the spinach so that it wilts. Add the bacon back in to warm through
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More