- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2, 29 oz cans of tomato puree
- 1, 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tblsp oregano
- 1 ½ tblsp parsley
- At least 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Diced white onion
- least ½ cup red wine (I use Chianti), wine should be to taste
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned with 3-4 crushed garlic cloves, chopped onion and a dash of olive oil, strained
- ½ lb sirloin steak, grilled rare and cubed
- 1 lb Italian sweet sausage, parboiled and then cut in 2” sections
- Hand-rolled meatballs seared in garlic and olive oil
- Mix the puree, paste, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley and begin cooking on low heat. Add 1tsp of sugar if you want to cut the acidity.
- While the tomato sauce is cooking, begin preparing the meats.
- When the meats are done, add them to the sauce.
- Add the wine with the meats and continue to cook on low and covered but not completely covered leave the lid open a crack.
- Sometimes I also add some more crushed garlic to the sauce.
- Let it cook for at least 4 hours, but 5-6 hours is much better,
- Hand mix 1 lb ground beef, 1 egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano and 1 finely chopped garlic clove.
- Pour a thin line of olive oil around the outside edge of the frying pan.
- Add 1 finely chopped garlic clove to the oil. Apply heat.
- When the oil is hot, begin rolling out the meatballs and setting them in the oil.
- Turn the meatballs so that all sides are seared. They will still be pink inside.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce to slow cook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More