- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 food colors
- Granulated sugar, if desired
- 1/2 tub Whipped vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- Heat oven to 375°. Stir cookie mix, margarine, flour and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Divide dough evenly among 3 bowls; tint each dough by stirring in a few drops of desired food color.
- Shape 1/3 cup of each color of dough into a rope about 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Place ropes side by side and a little more than 1/4 inch apart on floured surface; roll until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with 2- to 2 1/2-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter so each cookie has 3 colors. Sprinkle with sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. (When rerolling dough scraps, carefully lay matching colors together.)
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Spread frosting on bottoms of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
- Makes 18 sandwich cookies
NotesSo very pretty !!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More