- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 food colors
- Granulated sugar, if desired
- 1/2 tub Whipped vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- Heat oven to 375°. Stir cookie mix, margarine, flour and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Divide dough evenly among 3 bowls; tint each dough by stirring in a few drops of desired food color.
- Shape 1/3 cup of each color of dough into a rope about 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Place ropes side by side and a little more than 1/4 inch apart on floured surface; roll until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with 2- to 2 1/2-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter so each cookie has 3 colors. Sprinkle with sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. (When rerolling dough scraps, carefully lay matching colors together.)
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Spread frosting on bottoms of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
- Makes 18 sandwich cookies
NotesSo very pretty !!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More