- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstoryBig hit at my nephew's birthday party this weekend - even with the adults :)
- FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) White Cake Mix
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cups Milk
- ⅓ cups Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring
- FOR THE ICING:
- 3 sticks Butter, At Room Temperature
- 6 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Milk
- Combine all cupcake ingredients until incorporated (about 30 seconds). Scrape the sides of the bowl and then beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Divide batter according to how many colors you are using. I used 5 colors and it worked out to a little over 1 cup for each color. I used Wilton brand gel colors; they’re the top of the line.
- To get a layered stripe like I used, you’ll want to put a spoonful of each color in the cupcake one at a time. The batter is thick, so it won’t spread on its own. A great tip is to set out a little bowl of water where you’re working. Dip your finger in the water and then gently spread the batter out. The water will make it so the batter doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- Bake according to the package directions, until a toothpick comes out dry. Makes around 15 cupcakes.
- For the icing:
- Add butter and powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and salt. Mix until combined. Gradually add milk (you may not need all of it) and beat for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Cranberry trifft 'Vegi' - Rezeptesammlung
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More