- Cooking Time: 16-21 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- White cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- Red, Blue, Green and Yellow food coloring
- Favorite white icing
- Preheat the oven according to box instructions. Prepare 16 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Mix the cake mix according to box instructions and evenly divide the batter between 6 small bowls. Color the 6 bowls as follows:
- Purple - 9 drops of red and 6 drops of blue
- Blue - 12 drops of blue
- Green - 12 drops of green
- Yellow - 12 drops of yellow
- Orange - 12 drops of yellow and 4 drops of red
- Red - 18 drops of red
- Combine well
- Keeping the colors in the same order as listed above, divide each color between the muffin cups, starting with purple, then blue, then green....etc etc until you have finished with red.
- Bake according to the instructions on the box
- Allow to cool completely and then frost with some white icing....making a cloud on top of your rainbow.
NotesOne of the gals at work made these cute little cupcakes so of course I had to give them a try.....so fun!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More