- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 cups shredded or grated cabbage (approx. 1/2 cabbage)
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 1 large carrot)
- 3/4 cup grated cucumber, skin on (approx. 1/2 cucumber)
- Up to 1/2 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced (or 2-3 green onions/scallions, finely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans and/or raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- TAHINI DRESSING
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice (approx. 1 small lemon, juiced)
- 1 garlic strand or more, to taste (or 1 garlic clove, finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Just grate or chop all the veggies and add them to a giant bowl.
- Prepare the dressing in a jar or small bowl and whisk.
- Toss the dressing with the veggies. Top with chopped nuts and dried cranberries (optional).
NotesA colourful and fresh recipe that's a lot easier to make than it looks and that can be adapted based on what you have at hand. Parsley is optional and I often leave it out. Also, I like it a lot more with scallions/green onions than regular onions, especially if serving it to kids.
Note: Tahini needs to be well mixes. If too dry, add a little oil and mix well.