- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 1/3 cup rum or orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or marg. softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 lrg eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup half and half or milk
- In a sauce pan,bring raisins and rum( or orange juice)just to a simmer over med. heat;
- remove from heat
- In a sm. bowl combine flour with baking powder and cinnamon
- In another bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Alternately stir in flour mixture and milk into butter mixture beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Drain raisins and discard soaking liquid,then stir raisins into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 350* for 20-25 min. or until lightly browned and cupcake test done.
NotesThese cupcakes are so moist and delicious,perfect with coffee and guests.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More