- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- # 3 cups French bread cubes
- # 2/3 cup sugar
- # 1/4 cup butter
- # 2 eggs
- # 1 cup whipping cream
- # 3 tablespoons raisins
- # 2 teaspoons vanilla
- # 3/4 cup sugar
- # 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- # Dash ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- # 3/4 cup whipping cream
- # 1 to 2 tablespoons bourbon whiske
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer in a 2-quart square baking dish or 10x2-inch round baking dish.
- Beat the 2/3 cup sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Stir in the 1 cup whipping cream, raisins, and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking pan on the oven rack. Pour boiling water into larger pan around dish to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove dish from hot water. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine the 3/4 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in the 3/4 cup whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon.
- Serve warm bread pudding with the whiskey sauce. Store any remaining sauce in a covered container in refrigerator. Reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally. Makes 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More