- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1-1/3 cups seedless golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth granules
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tbsp parsley
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Place 1-3/4 cups rice mix in each of 4 air-tight containers or zip-top plastic bags. Makes 4 rice mixes.
- Preparation instructions: Combine 1 rice mix, 1-3/4 cups water, and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine (optional) in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Makes 6 servings.