- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, roasted till light brown
- 1 T. chopped fresh mint
- 1 T. chopped fresh dill
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute' 10 minutes.
- Mix in rice, cook till lightly brown. Add broth, raisins, lemon juice, allspice, and cardamon. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low cover, and cook until rice is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in almonds, mint and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped dill.
NotesWe had this at a Memorial Day party at a friend's house.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More