- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, roasted till light brown
- 1 T. chopped fresh mint
- 1 T. chopped fresh dill
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute' 10 minutes.
- Mix in rice, cook till lightly brown. Add broth, raisins, lemon juice, allspice, and cardamon. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low cover, and cook until rice is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in almonds, mint and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped dill.
NotesWe had this at a Memorial Day party at a friend's house.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More