- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 15 oz cans red kidney beans
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 1. In a large wok or skillet, heat olive oil at medium high heat.
- 2. Cook onion until golden brown and fragrant, about five minutes.
- 3. Add tomato paste, salt, ground coriander, cumin, and garam masala. Cook for another seven minutes, and stir to form a nice paste. You might start to see the oil separate.
- 4. Add red kidney beans, water, and grated ginger. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another ten minutes or so. Should form a nice sauce. Remove from heat.
- 5. Add lemon juice to bring up taste. Add salt if necessary.
- 6. Serve on plate with basmati rice. Add cilantro as garnish.
NotesSeriously amazing and so simple.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More