- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 15 oz cans red kidney beans
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 1. In a large wok or skillet, heat olive oil at medium high heat.
- 2. Cook onion until golden brown and fragrant, about five minutes.
- 3. Add tomato paste, salt, ground coriander, cumin, and garam masala. Cook for another seven minutes, and stir to form a nice paste. You might start to see the oil separate.
- 4. Add red kidney beans, water, and grated ginger. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another ten minutes or so. Should form a nice sauce. Remove from heat.
- 5. Add lemon juice to bring up taste. Add salt if necessary.
- 6. Serve on plate with basmati rice. Add cilantro as garnish.
NotesSeriously amazing and so simple.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More