- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb. whole wheat linguine
- 4 cups. baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, stir garlic, red pepper flakes, and basil into oil. Set aside.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add linguine and cook until halfway done (about 6 minutes). Add green beans and continue boiling. When linguine is almost ready ( test a piece, but it should be about 11 minutes) add spinach and cook until just wilted (2 minutes). Strain and return to pot. Add oil mixture, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately with grated parmesan.