- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- Olive oil
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. veal
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3/4 lb. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups dry marsala
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dry veal pieces well and dust lightly with flour
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet and brown veal well on all sides, one piece at a time to avoid crowding
- Return all veal to pan, add carrots, leeks, scallions, and celery and cook until just tender
- Add wine and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add bay leaf, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste
- Cover tightly and cook in oven ten minutes
- Add mushrooms, stir once and return to oven for ten to fifteen minutes or until cooked through
NotesYet another recipe found in the bottom of my mother's recipe box during our Thanksgiving clean-out... This one is written by my step father on the back of a 1993 faxed notice of the new substitute teacher requirements in the West Warwick School System for measels, mumps, and rubella innoculations. Hmm? Sometimes the paper is as interesting as the recipe itself!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More