- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEin altes Familie Rezept überschritt unten von Erzeugung zu Erzeugung.
- (makes 6 large ramp pretzels)
- 3 ½ C of flour
- 4 T brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt (sea salt preferably)
- 1 Tblsp yeast, dissolved in the water
- 1 C water (120°) fairly warm but not hot.
- 2 t baking soda mixed with 1 Cup hot water (in a small bowl)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teasp. water
- (in a small bowl)
- Mix water/yeast,brown sugar and salt, by hand. Add flour and stir until smooth. (let the dough sit overnight in a bowl or plastic container in the refridgerator.)
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope, and twist to ramp shape.
- Bake in hot oven 450 degrees (225 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until well browned. Brush with melted butter and enjoy Rampenfest soft, pretzel goodness