- (makes 6 large ramp pretzels)
- 3 ½ C of flour
- 4 T brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt (sea salt preferably)
- 1 Tblsp yeast, dissolved in the water
- 1 C water (120°) fairly warm but not hot.
- 2 t baking soda mixed with 1 Cup hot water (in a small bowl)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teasp. water
- (in a small bowl)
Mix water/yeast,brown sugar and salt, by hand. Add flour and stir until smooth. (let the dough sit overnight in a bowl or plastic container in the refridgerator.)
Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope, and twist to ramp shape.
Bake in hot oven 450 degrees (225 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until well browned. Brush with melted butter and enjoy Rampenfest soft, pretzel goodness