- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 5
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryI got the idea for this recipe from the Suddenly Pasta Salad. The box already has pasta and a seasoning pack. You just cook the pasta and the packet and usually 1/2 to 1 cup mayo. But I don't like to cook from a box if I can help it. So I made my own from scratch. The dressing not a packet but real ingredients. Cajun spice, Greek yogurt and lemon juice for the dressing. I even added chicken sausage. Making it a meal and not just a pasta salad.
- 7 oz. Vegetable spiral pasta
- 1 tsp. Cajun spice~
- ½ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper; green, yellow, red or orange
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup julienne cut carrots; matchstick cut
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ package Al Fresco Chicken Sausage Apple and Real Vermont Maple Syrup (2 links, remove casing)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl; mix seasonings, yogurt, basil and lemon juice. In a large bowl mix in pasta, sausage and other remaining ingredients; stir in prepared dressing until well coated; serve.
- ~substitute 1 tbsp. Lemon herb
- *substitute ½ cup sour cream