- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup room temperature butter ( I think next time I would add another 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups large flake oatmeal
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut (called for toasted, I did not toast it)
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (used 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda with a whisk; set aside.
- In your mixer bowl add butter and both sugars, cream this until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined
- Add flour mixture and combine until just combined.
- Take your bowl off mixer and then stir in oats, cornflakes, coconut, chcoolate chips and nuts by hand.
- Use large cookie scoop and roll into balls.
- Place on lined cookie sheet, leaving about 3" space around cookies and flatten with palm of hand or you could use a sugared fork to flatten.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
NotesOn Cookie Madness blog I saw this posting and thought it was interesting. You can read the write up about these cookies on Anna's blog. I have not put Corn Flakes into cookies before. The cookies were good, great for dunking in coffee or milk. They are a very crisp cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More