- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 15 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar
- One pint (473ml) Fat Free Half and Half Milk
- A pinch of saffron
- ¼ tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- ½ tsp rose water (optional)
- 3-4 tsp blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp crushed pistachios
- To make the syrup or Ras:
- Thicken the half and half by simmering over low heat for few minutes.
- Add 1 cup sugar, cardamom, rose water, saffron strands, to the half and half.
- Heat for a few minutes and allow them cool.
- Mix ¼ cup of sugar with the Ricotta cheese by using a spatula or hand mixer.
- Spread on the oven safe dish- I used muffin pan.
- I added 2 spoons of cheese mixture in each cups. To spread evenly in the cups—place the bottom of glass in the cheese mixture or level it with the spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35- 40 minutes or until it sets or until it turns light brown.
- You can also check with help of a tooth pick. Insert the tooth pick into the cheese- if the tooth pick doesn’t come out sticky with cheese it means you are all set to take the tray out from the oven :)
- Remove from oven, cool at room temperature.
- Remove the shapes with help of your hand and place in the dessert bowl.
- Add the cooked balls to the half and half and decorate with Pistachios and Almonds.
- Let it stay immersed for about an hour.
- You can either serve it cold or warm. I usually keep in the fridge for few hours and serve cold:)