- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 45
- BREAD MIX
- 1 1/2 loaves aged, white bread
- 4 c heavy cream
- 3c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- FRUIT FILLING
- 5 c frozen raspberries
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c apple juice or apple raspberry juice
- VANILLA SAUCE
- 1 1/3 c butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 3 c heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c sugar
- Bread Mix: In large bowl combine cream, sugar, egg and vanilla. Cut bread into 1 1/2" cubes and add to cream mixture, coating bread well. Let stand 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes to allow cream to absorb completely.
- Fruit Filling:Combine raspberries, sugar and apple juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Layer a 9x13 baking dish or two large loaf pans with 3/4 of the bread mixture, pour fruit filling over bread mixture, spreading evenly, top with remaining bread.
- Bake 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Vanilla Sauce: Over medium heat melt butter, and add flour stir 10 minutes until it has a nutty aroma, do not brown. Add salt, cream and sugar and boil till mixture is thick, remove from heat adding vanilla.
- Serve pudding warm. Top with warm vanilla sauce.
NotesI found this recipe online when looking for a recipe like the Raspbery bread pudding at Kneaders Bakery. Since I found the recipe I haven't been back to Kneaders to buy it, I love this one so much.