- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 3 hours
- 12 oz. fresh raspberries
- 2/3 c. sugar (I used half granulated and half vanilla sugar)
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1. Process berries, sugar, and whole milk in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pour into a nonreactive bowl.
- 2. Add in the heavy cream and mix just enough to combine. (Do not whip the cream.) Add in the lemon or lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours and up to overnight.
- 3. Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately or freeze up to one month.
- ***Note: The recipe author says you can substitute the following fruits using the above recipe: bananas, peaches, pears, strawberries, blackberries, apricots, Granny Smith apples, and blueberries.
NotesThis creamy, dreamy raspberry gelato is made using a recipe from the town where my husband and I got married.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More