- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup raspberry puree (with or without seeds)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (1)
- 1.5 tsp apple pectin
- 1 cup granulated sugar(2)
- a bit less than 1/4 cup gluclose (I used corn syrup)
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
- Combine the pectin and sugar(1) in a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- Bring raspberry puree to a simmer.
- Add the pectin and sugar mix wisking continuously. In 2 stages, add sugar(2), wisking continuously. Bring to a boil.
- Add gluclose and boil until temp reaches 225 F (using a candy thermometer) and be sure to wisk wisk wisk!!
- As soon as temp hits 225, remove from heat and whisk in citric acid.
- Pour immediately into a frame or shallow tray or baking sheet 1/2 deep.
- Smooth with off-set spatula and allow to cool overnight. cut into little squares and dust with sugar. :)
NotesThese little jewels are usually found on the table during the holidays in France. They remind me of a gormet and natural sunkist Fruit Jellies. They are so sweet, seemingly simple and a delicious little mouthful. Some italian bakeries have them too, most popular flavors being raspberry, blackberry, pear etc. I needed to know how to make these little guys, because I love them, and also, I love serving a quartet of tiny cookies and candies with espresso after dinner for guests. Along side my beloved macaroons, madelienes and mini palmiers, they would provide a lovely fruity contrast. I had no idea how impossible it was to find a good recipe and the ingredients are impossible to find as well! I tried some recipes online, but after many runny ones and too chewy ones, I finally stole a recipe from work. It works well with raspberry, and I also made pineapple habenaro!! whew... they were hot and sweet! You must alter the amounts of pectin and citric acid for different fruits**.
If you want to use a different fruit, consult this chart:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More