- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- Base and Topping:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons orange (lemon) zest, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups raspberries (blueberries or combo)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange (lemon) juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350̊ F. Line a 9-inch metal baking pan with foil so that the foil extends by 2-inches on two opposite sides. Butter foil.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, zest, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Stir in butter.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of mixture for topping. Press remainder on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake until golden, about 12 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven to cool while making filling. MAINTAIN OVEN TEMPERATURE.
- Combine berries, granulated sugar, juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over a moderate heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and no longer cloudy, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Leaving a 1/2-inch boarder around edge spread filling over crust.
- Crumble reserved oat mixture over filling. Return to oven and bake until filling is bubbly and crumbs are golden, about 25 - 35 minutes.
- Remove oven, set pan (with cake) on a rack and cool completely.
- Holding 2 ends of foil, lift from pan and set on a cutting board. Cut into bars or squares.
NotesUnadorned this is a simple coffee cake. Or add whipped cream to dress it up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLI
Banana TrifleSee More