- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine raspberries and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg in a small bowl; stir well.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon two-thirds of batter into an 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray; spread evenly. Top with raspberry mixture. Spoon remaining batter over raspberry mixture; top with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; stir well. Drizzle over cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More