- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange almonds in a single layer on a medium baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, 3/4 cup almonds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix water, almond extract, butter, and eggs.
- Blend into the flour mixture.
- Fold raspberries into batter.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean
Notes"The brilliant combination of raspberries and almonds is certain to make these a new favorite."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Vegan Eats!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More