- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 3 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter @ room temp.
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. raspberry (or other) jam
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 - 3 tsp. water
- Beat sugar, butter and extract 'til light & creamy. On low speed, gradually beat in flour 'til dough forms. Cover; chill 1 hour. Heat oven to 350º. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets. With thumb, make indentations in center of each. Fill each indentation with 1/4 tsp. jam. Bake 14 - 18 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Whisk together sugar, almond extract and water in small bowl 'til smooth and good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies.
- Store in air tight container.
- I have found that these cookies don't keep well for more than a week. Of course, they don't usually last that long around here! LOL
NotesI found this recipe in a Family Circle Holiday Cakes and Cookies magazine from 2002. I have a brother with a particular fondness for shortbread cookies. He got a tin of these for Christmas that year and he wouldn't share!!!! LOL
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More