- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 3 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter @ room temp.
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. raspberry (or other) jam
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 - 3 tsp. water
- Beat sugar, butter and extract 'til light & creamy. On low speed, gradually beat in flour 'til dough forms. Cover; chill 1 hour. Heat oven to 350º. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets. With thumb, make indentations in center of each. Fill each indentation with 1/4 tsp. jam. Bake 14 - 18 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Whisk together sugar, almond extract and water in small bowl 'til smooth and good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies.
- Store in air tight container.
- I have found that these cookies don't keep well for more than a week. Of course, they don't usually last that long around here! LOL
NotesI found this recipe in a Family Circle Holiday Cakes and Cookies magazine from 2002. I have a brother with a particular fondness for shortbread cookies. He got a tin of these for Christmas that year and he wouldn't share!!!! LOL
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce