- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Combine thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet; saute 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt.
- Spoon raspberry sauce over chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- NUTRITION PER SERVING
- CALORIES 210(12% from fat); FAT 2.8g (sat 0.6g,mono 0.7g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 26.6g; CHOLESTEROL 66mg; CALCIUM 24mg; SODIUM 378mg; FIBER 0.8g; IRON 1.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 19.3g
NotesAnother one from Cooking Light! I have also made this with orange marmelade and it was very good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More