- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Combine thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet; saute 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt.
- Spoon raspberry sauce over chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- NUTRITION PER SERVING
- CALORIES 210(12% from fat); FAT 2.8g (sat 0.6g,mono 0.7g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 26.6g; CHOLESTEROL 66mg; CALCIUM 24mg; SODIUM 378mg; FIBER 0.8g; IRON 1.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 19.3g
NotesAnother one from Cooking Light! I have also made this with orange marmelade and it was very good.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More