- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 45
- BREAD MIX
- 1 1/2 loaves aged, white bread
- 4 c heavy cream
- 3c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- FRUIT FILLING
- 5 c frozen raspberries
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c apple juice or apple raspberry juice
- VANILLA SAUCE
- 1 1/3 c butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 3 c heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c sugar
- Bread Mix: In large bowl combine cream, sugar, egg and vanilla. Cut bread into 1 1/2" cubes and add to cream mixture, coating bread well. Let stand 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes to allow cream to absorb completely.
- Fruit Filling:Combine raspberries, sugar and apple juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Layer a 9x13 baking dish or two large loaf pans with 3/4 of the bread mixture, pour fruit filling over bread mixture, spreading evenly, top with remaining bread.
- Bake 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Vanilla Sauce: Over medium heat melt butter, and add flour stir 10 minutes until it has a nutty aroma, do not brown. Add salt, cream and sugar and boil till mixture is thick, remove from heat adding vanilla.
- Serve pudding warm. Top with warm vanilla sauce.
NotesI found this recipe online when looking for a recipe like the Raspbery bread pudding at Kneaders Bakery. Since I found the recipe I haven't been back to Kneaders to buy it, I love this one so much.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More