- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5oz each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil OR 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- dash salt & pepper
- 2-1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesean cheese
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 cutlets.
- Place chicken between sheets of wax paper and gently pound to uniform thickness.
- In shallow dish, mix 1/4 cup of the Vermouth and lemon juice. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, drain and pat dry.
- In large frypan, place butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken to heated platter.
- To same frypan, over medium heat, add chicken broth, stirring to deglaze frypan. Reduce broth to one-half.
- In small bowl, mix together preserves, mustard and basil; add to frypan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove frypan from heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Vermouth.
- Drain any juices from chicken on platter. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken and place a slice of kiwi on top of each cutlet.
- Garnish with remaining slices of kiwi, red raspberries and basil sprigs.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.
50 Shades of Taste
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More