- Cooking Time: 26-28
- Servings: 8 Mini Cakes
- Preparation Time: 10-12
- For Cake:
- Full box Dassant Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- For Frosting:
- Store bought chocolate frosting
- 1 cup fresh raspberries - for garnish
- For Filling:
- Seedless raspberry preserves
- For Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 2 round 9-inch cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Add mix.
- Blend together until batter is smooth. Pour batter evenly into each pan. Bake for 26 to 28 minutes, or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes, then invert and remove from pan continuing to cool completely before frosting.
- For Topping:
- Use a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter and cut 8 circles out of each cake. Sandwich the cake layers with raspberry preserves.
- Frost top of cake with chocolate frosting.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries on top.
NotesI like to make this dessert for dinner parties. Guests are always delighted by the single serving size of these decedent cakes. One of my favorite recipes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Italy or Bust
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More