RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
- 6 ounces good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces good quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided use
- 4 large eggs, divided use
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla, divided use
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves (Feel free to substitute any flavor of jam or preserves)
Preheat oven to 350̊ F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil extending foil by 2-inches on each short side. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine both chocolates in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on full power, in 15 second increments, until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir after each cooking period.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar. Beat at a medium-high speed until smooth.
Add one egg and one teaspoon vanilla ; beating until well combined.
In another large bowl combine the butter and the remaining sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the remaining eggs one-at-a-time.
Add remaining vanilla and melted chocolate. Stir in flour and salt until just combined.
Reserve 1 cup of the chocolate mixture.
Spread the remaining chocolate in the prepared pan and spread the cream cheese mixture atop chocolate.
Spoon dollops of the remaining chocolate mixture over the cream mixture. Spoon small dollops of jam between chocolate dollops. With a small knife zigzag through the dollops to create a marbled effect.
Bake until a tester inserted near the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 -35 minutes.
Remove pan, with brownies to a rack to cool completely.
Using foil extensions as an aide, remove cooled brownies to a dry, smooth surface. Cut into bars or squares. Store refrigerated in an air tight container.