- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a wonderful brownie. Feel free to use your favorite flavor of jam.
- 6 ounces good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces good quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided use
- 4 large eggs, divided use
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla, divided use
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves (Feel free to substitute any flavor of jam or preserves)
- Preheat oven to 350̊ F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil extending foil by 2-inches on each short side. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine both chocolates in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on full power, in 15 second increments, until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir after each cooking period.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar. Beat at a medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add one egg and one teaspoon vanilla ; beating until well combined.
- In another large bowl combine the butter and the remaining sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the remaining eggs one-at-a-time.
- Add remaining vanilla and melted chocolate. Stir in flour and salt until just combined.
- Reserve 1 cup of the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the remaining chocolate in the prepared pan and spread the cream cheese mixture atop chocolate.
- Spoon dollops of the remaining chocolate mixture over the cream mixture. Spoon small dollops of jam between chocolate dollops. With a small knife zigzag through the dollops to create a marbled effect.
- Bake until a tester inserted near the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 -35 minutes.
- Remove pan, with brownies to a rack to cool completely.
- Using foil extensions as an aide, remove cooled brownies to a dry, smooth surface. Cut into bars or squares. Store refrigerated in an air tight container.