- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the Filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Brownies:
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, divided
- 1 1/4cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing excess to hang over edges. Grease foil.
- Process cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Microwave butter and chocolate in a large bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 1 minute. Whisk in 1/4 cup jam and let cool slightly.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla to chocolate mixture, stirring until combined. Whisk in flour mixture until incorporated.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup jam until warm—15 to 30 seconds.
- Scrape half of brownie batter into prepared pan. Spread into even layer. Dollop cream cheese filling over brownie batter and spread into even layer. Dollop jam over filling and using tip of knife, gently swirl jam through filling. Spread remaining brownie batter evenly over filling.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out with a few dry crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Using foil overhang, lift brownies from pan and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Serve.
NotesWhen it comes to brownies, I can be pretty picky. I like my brownies to be dense and fudgy, not cakey. However if I were to choose what my favorite brownie would be, any cheesecake brownie would easily have my vote. When I spotted the recipe for these Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies, I knew I had to make them. Not only was cream cheese involved, but the addition of raspberry jam with chocolate really caught my attention. These brownies were so decadent with its swirled cream cheese and raspberry jam throughout a perfect chocolate batter.
These brownies are quite easy to make. After preparing a simple, yet delicious, brownie batter, half of it is layered into a baking pan. The sweet cream cheese filling tops off the brownie batter, which is then spread smooth. Warmed raspberry jam is then dolloped over the cream cheese layer and swirled in with a tip of a knife. The rest of the brownie batter is layered on top and the whole thing is baked to perfection. These would make a great dessert for any picnic or cookout and I've already gotten requests to make them again...