- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pk (3-ounce) cream cheese
- 2 cup Packaged biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Raspberry preserves
- 1 tlbs Sliced almonds; toasted
- 3/4 cup Sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Milk (up to 3)
- In a medium mixing bowl cut cream cheese into biscuit mix until crumbly. Stir in the 1/3 cup milk.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 strokes.
- On waxed paper roll dough to a 12X8-inch rectangle. Turn onto a greased baking sheet; remove paper.
- Spread preserves down center of dough.
- Make 2 & 1/2-inch-long cuts, at 1-inch intervals, from edges of long sides toward the center.
- Starting at an end, alternately fold opposite strips of dough, at an angle, across the filling. Slightly press ends together in the center to seal.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough of the 1 to 3 teaspoons milk to make it of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm coffee cake. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
NotesThis cake is similar to Entenmanns coffee cake but simpler to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Fun appetizers and snacks
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More