- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pk (3-ounce) cream cheese
- 2 cup Packaged biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Raspberry preserves
- 1 tlbs Sliced almonds; toasted
- 3/4 cup Sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Milk (up to 3)
- In a medium mixing bowl cut cream cheese into biscuit mix until crumbly. Stir in the 1/3 cup milk.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 strokes.
- On waxed paper roll dough to a 12X8-inch rectangle. Turn onto a greased baking sheet; remove paper.
- Spread preserves down center of dough.
- Make 2 & 1/2-inch-long cuts, at 1-inch intervals, from edges of long sides toward the center.
- Starting at an end, alternately fold opposite strips of dough, at an angle, across the filling. Slightly press ends together in the center to seal.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough of the 1 to 3 teaspoons milk to make it of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm coffee cake. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
NotesThis cake is similar to Entenmanns coffee cake but simpler to make.