- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1 lb. 2.25-oz.) pkg. pudding included Yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups apricot nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raspberry spreadable fruit or jam
- 1 1oz sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup skim or low fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 8oz frozen light whipped topping thawed
- 3 Tablespoons coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and flour two 9-or 8-inch round cake pans.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/3 cup apricot nectar and eggs at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Pour into greased and floured pans.
- Bake 350 F for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Bake 8-inch pans 30 to 40 min.) Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- To assemble cake, slice each cake layer in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- Place 1 cake layer cut side up on serving plate; spread with 1/3 cup spreadable fruit.
- Repeat 2nd & 3rd layers with fruit.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- In small bowl combine pudding mix, milk and 2 T apricot nectar; blend well.
- Add thawed whip topping beat at low speed 2 minutes. Frost sides and top of cake.
- Sprinkle top with toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator. Tip: to toast coconut, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 350 for 7 to 8 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
NotesKristina’s $2,000 winning recipe from the 35th Pillsbury Bake-Off
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Peanut Butter Butterfinger CookiesSee More