RASPBERRY FILLED APRICOT CAKE
- 1 (1 lb. 2.25-oz.) pkg. pudding included Yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups apricot nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raspberry spreadable fruit or jam
- 1 1oz sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup skim or low fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 8oz frozen light whipped topping thawed
- 3 Tablespoons coconut, toasted
Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and flour two 9-or 8-inch round cake pans.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/3 cup apricot nectar and eggs at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
Pour into greased and floured pans.
Bake 350 F for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Bake 8-inch pans 30 to 40 min.) Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans.
To assemble cake, slice each cake layer in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
Place 1 cake layer cut side up on serving plate; spread with 1/3 cup spreadable fruit.
Repeat 2nd & 3rd layers with fruit.
Top with remaining cake layer.
In small bowl combine pudding mix, milk and 2 T apricot nectar; blend well.
Add thawed whip topping beat at low speed 2 minutes. Frost sides and top of cake.
Sprinkle top with toasted coconut.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator. Tip: to toast coconut, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 350 for 7 to 8 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.