- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg yolks.
- Add lemon rind, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend 4 cups of flour.
- With the rest of the flour, knead the dough.
- Wax wrap and refrigerate a few hours.
- Roll out (part at a time) 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with a 2 inch cookie cutter.
- Tops should have a small cutout in the center.
- Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- When cool spread with raspberry jam!
NotesOrigin: My delightful mother-in-law!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More