- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg yolks.
- Add lemon rind, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend 4 cups of flour.
- With the rest of the flour, knead the dough.
- Wax wrap and refrigerate a few hours.
- Roll out (part at a time) 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with a 2 inch cookie cutter.
- Tops should have a small cutout in the center.
- Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- When cool spread with raspberry jam!
NotesOrigin: My delightful mother-in-law!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More