- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup cream
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice
- red food coloring (optiona
- Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every minute.
- Stir until the mixture is completely homogenous and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and salt and stir until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and refrigerate until this layer is mostly set, about 1 hour.
- Once this layer is set, prepare the raspberry layer: combine the cream, white chocolate chips, and raspberry preserves in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 45 seconds and taking care that the chocolate does not burn.
- Stir until smooth, then add the lemon juice and a few drops of red food coloring, if desired.
- Allow the raspberry-white chocolate mixture to cool to lukewarm, then pour it over the chocolate fudge layer and smooth it in an even layer using a knife or an offset spatula.
- Return the fudge to the refrigerator to set, about 2-3 hours. To serve, cut into 1-inch squares
NotesI found this recipe on About.com. It is excellent! I used raspberry preserves, skim milk instead of cream and a small bit of red paste. You make the fudge using the microwave. What could be easier? Plus it looks impressive. What a nice treat for Valentine's Day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More