RASPBERRY LEMON LAYER CAKE
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (preferably from fresh lemons)
- 3/4 cups buttermilk (or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raspberry syrup
- Raspberry Preserve
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy (5 minutes)
- With mixer on medium speed, Add the eggs one at a time
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl combine the lemon juice buttermilk and vanilla
- Add flour and buttermilk alternatively to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour
- Divide batter evenly between 2 (or 3) pans and bake
- Allow to cool completely
- Beat butter on medium speed until creamy
- Beat in powdered sugar
- Add cream, vanilla, and raspberry syrup
- Increase speed until the frosting is fluffy
- Place one of the cakes onto a plate or cake platter
- Cover the top of the cake with a layer of raspberry preserve. Continue this for as many layers you have
- When you reach the top cake, frost the cake and enjoy.
NotesLemon Butter Cake with Raspberry preserve in between the layers and a raspberry buttercream frosting.
Originally an experiment for my mother's birthday present, then a valentines day cake.
Twas a tasty cake. Be warned, is extremely buttery. But thats what makes it makes delicious right? Just don't make it on a weekly basis...It's a cake for a once (or twice) in a year occasion.