- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryA fun twist on traditional key lime pie. It's a beautiful barbie pink shade of yummy happiness!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 fourteen ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Combine the melted butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Press evenly into a 8-9 inch glass pie plate. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the milk, lime juice and yolks on low speed until well combined. With a blender or food processor. Add more lime juice if you like. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared pie crust, reserving the rest to make the base of the raspberry layer. Then puree the raspberries and then pour the liquid into the reserved lime mixture. Gently pour this layer over top of the lime layer. Bake for 25 minutes or until the center is firm. Cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
- I was very pleased with the results. The flavor was tangy and not too sweet, perfect for the warmer weather that is headed our way. Though laden with calories, it somehow feels light and refreshing. Next time I make this, I will probably incorporate the raspberry puree into the entire lime mixture. The two layered effect wasn’t as pretty as I had hoped, and I think it would be a much more mellow shade of pink if I did this.