- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup Chambord (black raspberry-flavored liqueur) or crème de cassis (black currant-flavored liqueur)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 C Raspberries, fresh (or 30 oz. frozen) - frozen should be thawed, drained and juices reserved and chilled.
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 T Light Corn Syrup
- 2 C Whipping Cream (Heavy is best!)
- The Juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place liqueur in heavy medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over liqueur; let stand until gelatin softens, about 20 minutes.
- Thaw and drain the raspberries, reserve the liquid.
- Choose a few perfect raspberries for garnish and set aside.
- Press raspberries firmly through sieve covered with cheesecloth into large measuring cup (to remove large seeds). Add enough reserved juices to puree in cup to measure 1 2/3 cups berry mixture. Puree in processor or blender until very smooth.
- Add berry mixture and 1/2 cup sugar to gelatin mixture. Add corn syrup and lemon juice. Stir over medium-low heat just until sugar and gelatin dissolve, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer raspberry mixture to large bowl. Chill until thick but not set, stirring often, about 2 hours.
- Beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into raspberry mixture in 3 additions. Transfer mousse to crust; smooth top. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours. (Can be made 4 days ahead. Cover; freeze.)
- Adding a touch of white chocolate (chopped) into the warm raspberry mixture just before chilling also adds some great flavor and a bit heavier texture!
NotesLayer with thin slices of white cake and top with whipped chocolate cream!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More