RASPBERRY PINEAPPLE PIE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2.5 Cups Flour
- 2 Sticks of Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cold Water
- Use just prior to baking:
- One egg white or 2 TBSP Heavy Cream
- 1 Raw Sugar Packet
- 2.5-3 Cups Raspberries
- 2.5 Cups Crushed Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- For the crust, mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and then cut in the butter. Then mix should appear crumbly. Add cold water a tablespoon or two at a time until a doughy consistency forms. Split the dough in half. Take one half and roll it out and put in a pie tin. Roll the second ball out and have it read.
- For the filling, take all the ingredients and mix until all the fruit is coated. Poor into the pie crust. Take 2nd crust and place over the top. Use a fork to seal the crusts and cut excess crust from the edges. Then cut slits in the shape of a star/asterisk in the top. Brush with the egg white or heavy cream and sprinkle raw sugar evenly over the top.
- Cover the edges with tinfoil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove the tinfoil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Cool. Best served with vanilla bean ice cream.
NotesI went Raspberry Pickin' this weekend, and I decided the fruits of my labor (haha, get it, "fruits") should result in a delicious experiment! I skimmed a few different recipes but couldn't find one that really appealed to me - so I combined a few different ones and made-up my own. The result is a tart pie that reminds me a bit of a rhubarb pie (if you like a sweeter pie you might want to add 1/4 of sugar to the recipe). So give it a try!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More