- Cooking Time: 18-20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
Flatten each Texas roll or 2 dinner rolls combined into a 3-inch circle.
Place on a large sprayed baking sheet and brush tops of rolls with egg white.
Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
Place pistachios on a plate.
Remove wrap and dip rolls, top side down in pistachios, patting gently to adhere.
Return rolls to baking sheet.
With scissors or knife, make 5, 3/4-inch deep, cuts evenly around outside edge of each roll to resemble flower petals.
With fingertips, make indentation in center of each roll.
Spoon 1 tablespoon preserves into each indentation.
Bake at 350°F 18-20 minutes.
Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
Combine all remaining ingredients until smooth and drizzle over cooled rolls.
Website Credit: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2233