- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for optional garnish
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- Combine sugar, water and 6 to 8 mint leaves in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Place raspberries and orange juice in work bowl of food processor. Process until smooth. Combine raspberry purée and sugar-water mixture; pour through a sieve to remove seeds and mint leaves. Pour into a freezer container, cover and freeze several hours or overnight, stirring 2 or 3 times in the first 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, allow mixture to stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes to thaw slightly. Combine blackberries and orange liqueur; let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop frozen mixture into balls and place in individual dessert dishes. Top each with about 1/4 cup fresh blackberries. Garnish with mint leaves.
- Per serving: 204 calories; 1g fat (2 percent calories from fat); no saturated fat; no cholesterol; 1g protein; 48g carbohydrate; 7g fiber; 1mg sodium.
- Yield: 6 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More