- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for optional garnish
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- Combine sugar, water and 6 to 8 mint leaves in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Place raspberries and orange juice in work bowl of food processor. Process until smooth. Combine raspberry purée and sugar-water mixture; pour through a sieve to remove seeds and mint leaves. Pour into a freezer container, cover and freeze several hours or overnight, stirring 2 or 3 times in the first 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, allow mixture to stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes to thaw slightly. Combine blackberries and orange liqueur; let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop frozen mixture into balls and place in individual dessert dishes. Top each with about 1/4 cup fresh blackberries. Garnish with mint leaves.
- Per serving: 204 calories; 1g fat (2 percent calories from fat); no saturated fat; no cholesterol; 1g protein; 48g carbohydrate; 7g fiber; 1mg sodium.
- Yield: 6 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More