- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 200g brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 50g cocoa powder
- Approx 1 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter and flour a mini loaf tin (or a 23cm/9″ square cake tin) and set aside.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan and melt together over a low heat, while constantly stirring. Set aside to cool till lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a separate bowl and stir in the walnuts. Once the chocolate mix has cooled, stir in the eggs and sugar till combined, then mix together with the sifted flour.
- Carefully fill each of the mini loaf tins till about 3/4 full (or your square cake tin), then carefully press raspberries into the surface of each mould. Bake for approx 30-45 minutes, or till they have set and a wooden skewer inserted into the middle comes out with moist crumbs.
- Serve these with freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to cut through the rich chocolatey-ness, or if you’re a bit of a chocolate hound, enjoy as is!
NotesWhen one of my girlfriends came over for a baking and movie session, she decided that this brownie recipe from Donna Hay would be what we were going to make. Despite my initial misgivings, I'm really quite glad that she chose it :)